Saturday, January 30, 2010

Reese's Peanut Butter Chip Cookies

My hubby started volunteering for a jr. high and high school ministry. He is leading a bible study for about 15-17 6th grade boys. They had their first meeting this past week and I wanted to bake them some cookies....from scratch. Bold move on my part! My problem was knowing how long to leave them in the oven.  I have always had that problem with cookies...it makes no sense. They will look doughy in the oven and then you take them out and let them cool and all the sudden they are done. I need some more practice! Anyways, they turned out pretty good and were simple to make...minus the fact that I couldn't tell when they were done!

Reese's Peanut Butter Chip Cookies

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 c. cocoa
2 eggs
2 cups Reese's peanut butter chips (1 package)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together the softened butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy. In a small bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa. Mix the dry ingredients in with the creamed mixture. Stir in the peanut butter chips. Chill until firm. Shape into ball and flatten lightly with a fork.
2. Bake for 9-12 minutes.

I'll keep you updated if I find a good trick to know when the cookies are ready!

-Brittany

1 comment: