Triple Chocolate Cake
Serves at least 12, Prep time 10 minutes, Bake time 1 hour12 oz. milk chocolate chips (to make it extra special splurge on the chocolate chips. It will make all the difference in this recipe. I use Guillard's Chocolate Chips)
1 box German Chocolate cake mix
1 small box instant chocolate pudding
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup water
8 oz. sour cream
Confectioner's sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Combine all ingredients in bowl and beat 2 minutes.
3. Grease and flour Bundt Cake Pan. (I use Baker's Joy spray instead which makes life so much easier.)
4. Pour ingredients into Bundt Pan and place in oven and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees. You might want to check if the cake is ready after 50 minutes by inserting a fork or toothpick in the middle. If it comes out clean it is already done.
5. Let cake cool for 20 minutes in pan and then flip onto cake plate. Dust with confectioner's sugar by using a flour sifter.
*Sorry that I don't have a picture :( It comes out very pretty though :)
Bundt Cake Tips Provided by Williams-Sonoma (My favorite kitchen supply store!!)1. To prevent formation of air bubbles in your cake, spoon the batter into the pan somewhat slowly. If you pour the batter in quickly, air pockets are likely to form, which can produce holes in the finished cake. To release any bubbles that may have developed, tap the pan gently/
2. Place cake leveled on a lower oven rack so that the bundt design will be sharply defined.
3. Don't open oven door until its time to check the cake for doneness as a considerable amount of heat escapes each time you open the door. This will prolong baking time, and the cake may become too dark on the outside while the center is not yet done.