Sunday, May 30, 2010

Homemade PIzza

Can I just tell you how much I love pizza. Anyone who really knows me can confirm that! I could eat it for breakfast, lunch, dinner...I LOVE IT. I used our bread maker to make the crust and it turned out good! I still am searching for the ultimate pizza crust recipe because this recipe wasn't as good as I think it needs to be. Really it was so fun to make and I will hopefully be trying some more variations! You really can do whatever you want with this recipe. Use different cheeses and toppings to make your favorite pizza. I will try another dough recipe that doesn't involve a bread maker pretty soon!


Cheese Pizza

For the dough:
(medium)
1 cup water 80-90 degrees)
3/4 tsp honey
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 2/3 cups bread flour*
9 tablespoons whole wheat flour
1 3/4 teaspoons Yeast, active dry, instant or bread machine
**may use all bread flour rather than using part whole wheat flour

1. Place ingredients in the order listed in a bread pan fitted with kneading paddle. Then all you have to do is put the pan in the Bread Maker and let it do all the work for you (takes an hour and 45 minutes for a medium). I used Cuisinart Convection Bread Maker.

Toppings:
8-10 ounces your favorite shredded cheese (I used a mix of mozzarella and cheddar)
1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
Sprinkle Italian seasoning over the top of the pizza

1. Put a pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 400 degrees. (the stone needs to be very hot before the pizza is put on it)
2. Sprinkle flour over a pizza board. With your hands covered in flour take the dough out of the bread pan and use a rolling pin to roll out the dough. If the dough is sticking to the rolling pin just put flour on the pin. Roll out your pizza so the crust is the size you want. Throwing it in the air does help thin it out!
3. Cover the pizza with the tomato sauce leaving 1/2 inch for the crust. Sprinkle the cheese and toppings and then add the italian seasoning.
4. Slide the pizza onto the hot pizza stone and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the crust has lightly browned.

Tools I recommend to be a pizza connoisseur:
Baking Stone
Pizza Peel Board
- A bread maker or a food processor can be used to make dough

-Brittany

1 comment:

  1. I can attest, this was a pretty tasty pizza! I love it when she makes homemade pizza.

    ReplyDelete