Cheese Ravioli with Tomato and Artichoke Sauce2 (9 ounce) packages fresh cheese ravioli
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 can peeled, seeded tomatoes chopped
1 (6.5) ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts
1/2 cup chopped green onions
2 cloves crushed garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 cup tomato sauce
Grated Parmesan cheese to top
1. Cook ravioli according to package directions. (I used provolone and mushroom ravioli..very good!)
2. While the pasta is cooking, prepare the sauce. In a large nonstick skillet, heat one tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add tomatoes, artichokes (chopped), green onions, garlic, salt, pepper, and tomato sauce. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are warmed through. Remove from heat.
3. Drain pasta well. Transfer pasta to a large bowl, and toss with 1 teaspoon oil. Add half of the sauce to the ravioli; toss gently, but thoroughly to mix. Transfer ravioli to a large serving platter. Pour remaining vegetable sauce over ravioli. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
Mistakes: Did not toss pasta in oil (skipped over that part when I was reading). Had to do it after some of the sauce was added :)
Things I learned/Tips:
- Instead of buying garlic and crushing it we just keep a jar of the already minced and chopped garlic. Works great and is a lot quicker (Thanks Nathan and Julie)
- With recipes like this I could have added some more fresh veggies...mushrooms, onion, green pepper, etc
- Trying to work on my presentation...the pictures don't look too appetizing!