Saturday, June 26, 2010

Grilled Flank Steak

There's nothing more that I like than a good flank steak. I have been experimenting with flank steak for some time now and this is the best steak (with so much flavor) to date. I could seriously eat this every night! Unfortunately, it is a big treat for my husband and I to buy steak since we are on such a tight budget. But it only came out to be $2.50 per person (since we had leftovers the following night). Thats not bad at all! So I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.



Marinade
1/3 cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
juice of 1/2 a lime
salt (to taste)
freshly ground black peper (to taste)

Other ingredients
Flank steak (I just asked the butcher for enough meat for 2 people)
salt and pepper to rub on before putting on grill

Score the surfare of the steak with 1/4 inch deep knife cuts, about an inch apart, across the grain of the meat. Marinate the steak with the above marinade for at least 2 hours. When you are ready to grill the meat, rub it down with salt and pepper. Place steak on HOT grill. You want the grill to be really hot so you will have a crust. Grill for 4-6 minutes on each side. (I did 4 minutes for me because I like it bloody, but hubby did his for the full 6 minutes). The best way to cook flank steak is medium rare any more cooked than that and you take the chance of it being chewy. Let it sit for 10 minutes to rest. Cut meat against the grain in thin slices.

- Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment